How We’re Keeping Patients and Teams Safe
Practices in all of our regions have always followed standard safety protocols issued by the state dental board and American Dental Association to help protect our patients and team members from communicable diseases like the coronavirus. As our team members and patients await their turn to receive the COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with state prioritization guidelines, we continue to implement the following extra precautions to ensure their health and safety. These include:
Personal Protective Equipment
- All clinical team members wear
- N95, KN95 or Level 3 surgical masks with face shields
- Eyewear with side shields
- Gown or lab jacket
- All non-clinical team members wear reusable or surgical masks.
- All patients are given protective eyewear.
Social Distancing and Screening
- Patients are asked to wait in their car as opposed to entering the welcome area.
- Visitors are limited to patients and, if necessary, one parent, guardian or translator.
- The following health and safety screening is conducted prior to every patient appointment:
- Have you been sick in the past 3 weeks?
- Have you had close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 or experiencing symptoms?
- Frequent temperature checks are conducted:
- All patients’ temperatures are taken upon arrival.
- All team members’ temperatures are taken daily.
- Sick team members remain at home.
- Team members maintain a 6-foot distance from each other.
Sterilization and Disinfection
- All team members wash hands frequently.
- Food items, magazines, books, toys and other clutter have been removed from common and clinical areas.
- Countertops, door knobs, tables, chairs and other common surfaces are wiped down often.
Looking for Guidance?
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented many challenges for the dental industry. If you’re looking for guidance to help move past this crisis and are considering your options, please view our Doctor Opportunities or contact our Development team.